Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Dramas!

Having kids sure keeps you on your toes!

I have talked a bit lately about Kaylee being a bit off, which really isn't normal for her, we are hardly ever at the doctors (infact the Dr said to me today, I haven't seen you guys for ages!!! LOL) well this morning when I went to change her nappy, there was a lovely spotty rash, by the time I had changed her and given her some breakfast she had spots EVERYWHERE!! and was grizzly a bit lethargic and crying like she was in pain, so of course I panic and think holy crap shes got the measles or something (I think rubella/German measles are very dangerous to a pregnant woman but don't quote me on that, ask the nurse! LOL) so I rang the Dr who gave me an appt within the half hour, Darryl raced home to see how we were, by this stage Kaylee had perked up a wee bit (she saw daddy don't ya know!) and we were out the door getting in the car to the doctors, Darryl went off again to work and I raced to the doc, Kaylee grizzling all the way, we got to the doctors and Kaylee entertained all the elderly in the waiting room, making sure they all had a book or magazine each, LOL not necessarily the book or mag they may of wanted, but they got one all the same! LOL

Anyway, we get into my Doctors office and have a wee chat, she does the usual ears, nose and throat check, i show her the rash thats everywhere, she says that Kaylee is the third kid in that day (it was only 10am!) with the same thing, there is a virus going around (contaigous obviously) that makes them have a hideous sore throat and break out in a rash, what a relief that was! now at least i know that Kaylee isnt happy because of her throat, its really hard when you dont know what it is!

on a side note, im sure my boobs have grown at least 2 sizes so far since getting pregnant, they are HUGE lol just thought i would let you know! but its a good thing for me, i couldnt breastfeed Kaylee for very long, i never got engourged with her, never got let downs or huge bazookas, so hopefully i will be able to feed my new baby myself this time :) as we found out with Kaylee, formula is DAMN expensive! lol

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ok thats really freaky - I have been checking in every day sometimes twice a day and I couldn't see any updates since last Tuesay... so left a message hoping all was ok and then when I refreshed whola there was a weeks worth of entries! That is really freaky!

Karen said...

Ok have just read everything now - you certainly have had your dramas over the last week. I hope Kaylee is coming right now and that you are finding time to rest too...