Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lovely day in the sunshine!

well, its just stunning here in Auckland today! and i have had a really great day :)

my friend Belinda invited me over for lunch, so i went over to her house at about 10.30ish, doing some errands on the way, i got there and we decided to go shopping (as ya do, remember i am the shopping queen!) so we popped out to Henderson to Kmart and Briscoes etc, well, call me the bargain queen of the century (yes, again, im so rapt!) we were wandering around Briscoes and they had some in store specials to clear stock, i got 2 square platters (was $44.99 each) 1 rectangle Platter ( was $44.99) 1 chip and dip set (was 44.99) and 5 cup and saucer sets (was $7.99 each) for a grand total of........... $13.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP! total saving of $161.92!!!!! now if that isnt the biggest bargain youve ever heard of then let me know!!!

Anyway, once we got home again and buzzed over our savings, we put the girls in the paddle pool (Belinda has a 1 year old daughter named Georgia) and ate some lunch, then home i have toddled :) i brought back with me Belindas Cross Training machine which i will start using tonight, ive found getting out for a walk difficult at times and this means even if Kaylees asleep i can exercise, we have an exercycle which we lent to Darryls parents, who have since told us it is theirs now and it is covered in tape where it has been broken.... sooo pissed about that but it is a whole other story that i wont get into now, but that is one thing that gets me, is when you lend something to someone and it comes back ruined!!! happened a few times to me recently. i must admit i borrow some things from friends and forget i have them so they have to ask me for them back, i am so forgetful, something i want to work on one day! but at least when they do ask for them and i give them back they are still in the condition i got them in, no less, argghhhh pet peeve here anyway!

ok time to put my daughter to bed!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Yay for bargains!

It was a horrible rainy day here today and I went shopping but really wasn't in the mood because of the weather. Very unusual for me.

I still so want a cross trainer. Let me know how you go with it.

Kate said...

Wow - that is a fantastic bargain indeed - how exciting!! I would rush out and see if I could get a bargain too, but we really really don't need more stuff!

Sounds like you had a nice day with Belinda :-) Really nice to hear you sounding happy!