Thursday, October 25, 2007

where does the time go??

Wow, time sure does fly, my baby turns one on Saturday, can you believe it!!! i keep saying to Darryl that we just need to have another one to have a little teeny bub in the house again! not yet though, not until im off meds and the kids are a bit older, but im just amazed at how the past year has flown by.

i feel like i have to grieve a bit, i havent been the mother that i wanted to be, and i have (well i feel like i have) missed out a lot with Olivia, and Kaylee, but Olivias first year is the most important and for most of it i havent been myself, i will just have to have a wine to compensate :p

So we have a nice party planned for Olivia (well... more for me!) on Saturday which i am very much looking foward to, so i should have some photos to show you afterwards

so, whats been going on with me then?

i feel great! the meds are FINALLY doing their thing, im able to do more, think clearer and be a better mother, this last week has been fantastic and i feel like a whole different person, im still taking baby steps and not pushing myself too much.

Saturday is going to be a huge mission for me going back into the entertainer role that i love, but ive just done easy food, chips and dips and crackers and cheese, things in packets that i can just put on plates, real easy! im trying to make my life as easy as possible

oh and i have to gloat, because i never thought i would get this far, im still breastfeeding Olivia! so that is 1 year i have been breastfeeding, a huge achievement from someone who couldnt feed their first baby, im very proud of myself!

so this is me at the moment, happy, healthy and getting better, thank you all so much for your love and support and kind words, it means the world to me :)

xxx

9 comments:

Karen said...

Woohoo! Our girls are going to be 1! The last year has flown by so quickly! And having a simple party is the way to go! We are having a simple one too!
And a HUGE CONGRATS to you hun on BF for the whole year! That is absoutely fantastic!!!
I am so pleased to hear that the meds are finally working for you - and yes baby steps is the right way to go for you! Just one step at a time hun!

Chris H said...

With all your ups and downs and you still managed to keep breastfeeding!!! That is darn wonderful mate, you are very lucky. I hope you have a fantastic day on Olivia's birthday and everything goes smoothly for you.

Lisa said...

Yep 1st birthdays are definatly more for the mum than the baby........wow one whole year of breast feeding congrats..you will get through, thanks for keeping us all up to date with stuff, photos were absolutely gorgeous.

Lil said...

So glad you're starting to feel better Carla!
Luv Lil xox

Rachel said...

Your sounding like your old self which is fantastic, I'm so glad you are feeling better and the meds are finally working.

WOW what an amazing achievement on the breastfeeding, you are one determined lady.

Have a wonderful 1st birthday (oh I mean Olivia) and just go with the flow. Can't wait for some photo's of those gorgeous girls.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!! Big hugs from both Rachel and I!
Have a fantastic day
Lots of love xxx

Kim said...

Even if it is still baby steps to go, you are sounding sooo much better.

I am so happy that you can finally see that light, even if it is still a little way down the tunnel.

And
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY OLIVIA

Love Kim, Bethany & Caitlyn

Anne said...

Hope your little girl has a wonderful birthday!

Pleased to hear you are feeling so much better! I've been battling as well and know how hard it is if you aren't feeling right.

Anonymous said...

HI
Im a fellow New Zealander
a sahm in the Hawkes Bay
I have 2 boys 12 and 2 in 2 days time!!!
Id like to get to know more New Zealand bloggers

my youngest is going to be 2 in 2 days time I cant believe it

hope the birthday party was good